Call for Papers
12th International Global Wordnet Conference
Donostia / San Sebastian, Basque Country
January 23-27, 2023
The Global Wordnet Association is pleased to announce the 12th International Global Wordnet Conference (GWC2023) in Donostia / San Sebastian (Spain) hosted by HiTZ, Basque Center for Language Technology at the University of the Basque Country.
NOTE: COVID-19 allowing, the conference will be in person only.
We invite submissions with original contributions addressing, but not limited to, the topics listed below. Proposals for tutorials are welcome as well.
- Lexical semantics and meaning representation
- Critical analysis and applications of lexical and semantic relations
- Proposed new relations
- Definitions, semantic components, co-occurrence and frequency statistics
- Word, Sense and Context Embeddings
- Necessity and completeness issues
- Ontology and wordnet
- Other lexicographical and lexicological questions pertaining to wordnet-style meaning representation
- Wordnets and other modalities
- Architecture of lexical databases
- Language independent and language dependent components
- Integration of multi-wordnets in research infrastructures (like CLARIN, ELG, etc.)
- Wordnets and Linked Open Data (LOD)
- Tools and methods for wordnet development
- User and Data entry interfaces
- Methods for constructing, extending and enriching wordnets
- Methods for linking wordnets to other lexical and semantic resources
- Methods for leveraging existing wordnets and semantic networks with large language models
- Applications of wordnet
- Word sense disambiguation
- Text generation
- Commonsense reasoning
- Machine translation
- Information extraction and retrieval
- Document structuring and categorisation
- Automatic hyperlinking
- Language pedagogy
- Psycholinguistic applications
- Embeddings and pretrained language models
- Probing large neural language models
- Standardization, distribution and availability of wordnets and wordnet tools.
Submissions will fall into one of the following categories (page limits exclude references):
- long papers: 8 pages max, 30 minute presentation
- short papers: 5 pages max; 15 minute presentation
- project reports: 5 pages max., 10 minute presentation
- demonstrations : 5 pages max, with an additional 3 pages screen dumps or images; 20 minute presentation
Submissions should be anonymous and any identifying information must be removed. Authors must state the preferred category, though acceptance may be subject to change in the category of the presentation, e.g. a long paper submission may be accepted as a short paper.
The authors are kindly requested to submit an abstract before submitting their full paper before the 30th of Septembre 2022.
Final papers should be submitted in electronic form (PDF only).
Paper submissions must use the official ACL style templates, which are available from here (Latex and Word). Please follow the paper formatting guidelines general to “*ACL” conferences available here. Authors may not modify these style files or use templates designed for other conferences.
Submission site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gwc2023